Welcome to American Bridge 21st Century's Donald Trump opposition research hub. Originally launched before the 2020 election, this website exists to help allies find the research needed to defeat Donald Trump. It's organized into multiple reports designed to help you tell the full story about Trump's failed presidency and make the case against his 2024 campaign.
Donald Trump is a Dangerous Failure Who We Cannot Afford to Have Back in Office
Trump's campaign began with months of breaking the law to collect unlimited funds for his political groups as well as lie after lie to benefit, who else, himself.
He then spent his four years in office after four years sowing bigotry, chaos, and indisputable harm on the country he inherited. Nearly every week of his presidency brought a new scandal, failure, or broken promise. His response to the pandemic left 400,000 Americans dead, his destruction of the economy cost 2.9 million Americans their jobs, and his work to rig the federal judiciary cost many Americans their most basic rights - including overturning Roe v. Wade and the loss of abortion rights for millions.
Trump left office as he came into it - lying and dividing our country. He spent months lying about the election, leading to a deadly insurrection and since then, New York's Attorney General and the Fulton County district attorney have launched investigations into his misconduct.
To put it simply: we cannot afford the chaos and damage of another Trump presidency.
- 👴 2021 Budget Cuts To Social Security and Medicare: Trump proposed cutting $500 billion from Medicare, $79 billion from Social Security, and $920 billion from Medicaid.
- ♀️ Abortion Perhaps Trump's most lasting legacy was his crusade to reshape the Supreme Court to reflect the radical ideology of a minority of the U.S., leading to the loss of Roe v. Wade and abortion rights for millions of people.
- Medication Abortion Trump has been constantly trying to crack down on medication abortion access.
- 🧓 War on Seniors: From the isolation resulting from a failed coronavirus response, to the promised cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and ever-increasing prescription drug prices, another four years of Trump would be a disaster for older Americans.
- 💉 COVID-19 Trump's handling of the pandemic left thousands of Americans dead, millions confused, and a nation in crisis.
- Tax Giveaway Trump’s tax bill was a massive giveaway to corporations and the wealthy. It exploded the national debt while harming middle class homeowners, the poor, and the families of deceased veterans.
- 💰 Economy Trump's failed economic agenda cost America millions of jobs, increased the national debt, lowered wages, and left us a tax system that benefited only the most wealthy.
- ⬆️ Raising Taxes Trump's lasting economic legacy was raising taxes on average Americans while cutting tax bills for the wealthiest taxpayers.
- Prescription Drugs Despite claims that prescription drug prices were decreasing under his administration, drug prices continued to increase.
- Education President Donald Trump’s first term in office has proved disastrous for the state of education in the United States; a second term will continue to put America’s education system at risk of further funding cuts, putting lenders before students, and reducing protections for victims of assault and harassment.
- Infrastructure Trump campaigned on improving infrastructure, going so far to state that America’s infrastructure problem could be fixed ‘only by [him].’ However, Trump has broken his campaign promise to prioritize infrastructure and under his administration, the state of our nation’s infrastructure has continued to decline.
- Train Safety The Trump administration rolled back rail regulations, endangering people across the country.
- Government Spending Despite pledging to lower national debt, Donald Trump's presidency resulted in record deficits, a $7 trillion debt increase, and unprecedented government spending.
- Rural America Trump's presidency failed to enhance rural broadband, endangered hospitals, harmed ethanol and farming sectors, opposed rural-supportive legislation, and targeted the postal service vital for rural communities.
¶ Donald Trump Used His Position of Power To Spread Dangerous Lies And Enrich Himself
- Continued to Profit from Business Donald Trump has turned the presidency into a cash cow to support his business interests around the country and the world. At the same time, Trump and his children have turned the presidency into an infomercial in an attempt to benefit their bottom line.
- Business Empire Has Fostered Foreign Corruption Donald Trump’s business empire has exposed him to unprecedented corruption and foreign interference. His refusal to fully separate himself from his business has meant foreign governments have spent untold amounts corruptly buying their way into Trump’s good graces. Trump has also put the interests of his personal businesses ahead of the American people influencing his foreign and domestic policy decisions for his own benefit.
- Nepotism Donald Trump’s campaign and administration have put personal connections over experience, placing Trump cronies in high level roles in government they are ill-equipped to handle and letting friends and family profit off campaigning. Close friends and allies have consolidated power within the American government and the Republican Party turning the apparatus into a for-profit machine at the expense of the American people.
- Corrupt and Incompetent Administration: Trump’s election brought on an environment of corruption and incompetence that pervades the whole administration. His appointees have repeatedly used their office to enrich themselves and their families, or else have hurt the nation by leading government agencies for which they are woefully ill-equipped.
- ✡︎Anti-Semitism From praising Neo-Nazis to anti-Semitic rhetoric, Trump's history of anti-Semitism is long and alarming.
- 🚫 The Big Lie In the waning days of his presidency, Trump took unprecedented action to try to overturn the election, ultimately leading to a deadly insurrection on the Capitol.
- Exposure To Chinese Interests Trump and his family have been compromised by the Chinese Communist Party.
- 💰 Tax Returns The release of Trump's federal tax returns from 2015 to 2020, once again, demonstrated his willingness to lie and cheat to make a quick buck.
- 💻 Truth Social Trump's latest business venture, Truth Social, is in trouble.
- Cheats At Campaign Finance Unregistered with the FEC, Donald Trump ran his 2024 campaign, breaching ad limits and funding personal and campaign expenses through his leadership PAC.
- Family Ties To Saudi Arabia Trump and Jared Kushner supported Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman post Khashoggi's assassination. The Trumps had numerous Saudi business ties, with Trump's hotels benefiting notably during his presidency.
- 👨⚖️ Legal Issues And Investigations If you're having trouble staying on top of all the lawsuits and investigations involving Trump (can't blame you!), here's your one-stop-shop for the background on the cases and the latest developments.
- 🗳️ Dominion's Lawsuit Against Fox Dominion's lawsuit against Fox News demonstrated the many ways the Trump campaign sought to undermine news coverage of the 2020 election results.
- 🌎 Foreign Donations Trump and his campaign have a history of accepting, and in some cases soliciting, illegal foreign donations to benefit his political career.
- 🍑 Fulton County Investigation Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia have put him and his allies at the center of an investigation by the Fulton County District Attorney.
- 🗎 Improper Handling Of Classified Information Trump skirted record retention and collection laws so he could show off things related to U.S. nuclear capabilities and correspondence with Kim Jong Un to visitors at Mar-a-Lago.
- 🍎 New York Attorney General Case Last year, New York Attorney General Letitia James launched an investigation into the Trump Organization's pattern of overvaluing its assets and real estate.
- Personal Narrative Reports: This section contains messaging documents on the major narrative failures around corruption, Donald Trump's personal failings, and the administration's governmental failings.
- Issue Reports: This section contains a rundown of the major issue narratives and failures for use against Trump.
- 🌴 Feud With DeSantis Once the best of friends, now the ultimate frenemies.
- 🤢 Jim Jordan Allegations suggest Rep. Jim Jordan knew of abuse at Ohio State, but he denies knowledge and is not named in lawsuits. The extent of his awareness remains debated.